ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Empty

Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*

Go down 
+2
cyko
The Doc
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012 - 22:06

Just picked up the new HISS and Fangboat at TRU. So despite Paramounts gargantuan fuckup, it looks like we're at least getting the toys

To get things out of the way, yes the pilots suck. Seems it would have been just as cost effective to reuse an existing figure than sculpt and cast an all new less articulated one. Nice costume designs and the sculpting detail is pretty tight. But the 5 point articulation kills them. But at least the heads can still swap with previous ME figures so they arent a complete waste.

But I bought these for the vehicles to give to my o-ring convention figures

FANGBOAT - If youve already got the 25th or ROC then I dont need to insult you with going over it. If you liked those, youll like this. FOr the most part. Which brings us to the elephant in the room. The launcher.

Yeah, it IS pretty lame, but there IS hope. The launcher was designed to work WITH the existing tooling. The boat itself is unaltered. This means if you have a spare Sting Raider / Water Moccasin in storage, you can simply replace the launcher with a regular gun barrel. The launcher is assymetrical, so if you wanted to get two boats and have TWO launchers, that option is closed.

The colors work perfectly with the Convention Swampvipers. And its a suitable vehicle for their specialty. Funny thing is that the driver is called Swampviper as well

HISS TANK - I like this version a LOT more than the PoC style. Rubber treads are a nice novelty, but if the thing is just gonna sit in a display, may as well be molded. Its more solid than the PoC and has a true turret and a better canopy. The original pop up body was also pointless so it won't be missed.

Display tip: The side gatling guns can be moved to the lower holes closer to the cockpit. This frees up full rotation of the turret. Otherwise theyre in the way. You can also opt to leave them off entirely. ANd leave off the missle. Its pretty crappy.
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin
cyko

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012 - 21:43

I appreciate the tips on these new toys. Haven't seen a lot of detail shots to help make my decision. They're still a bit pricey for me to buy as custom fodder, but I guess I'd better grab them while I can.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012 - 0:44

Hey, noe problem. With Hasbro's penchant for failure regarding the Joe line, if I don't try to find SOMETHING salvageable out of it all, Im gonna go nuts.

Yeah, if you're gonna get something Id advise getting it FAST. Not that we have to worry about it all getting sent back. The first and second waves are in warehouses now. But once those shipments run out, that's it. Also, keep in mind that many will probably panic and buy what they see instantly. Then there's the other ugly part of this clusterfuck, SCALPERS will probably be all over this like DERP on Darryl DePriest. *spits* Damn his oily hide.

The worst part about it all. 3oth Anniversary line was shitcanned... for NOTHING now.

Obviously the test screenings of RET didn't go over well, and with the ass-raping BATTLESHIP is taking from critics and the box office sales they knew this movie was gonna fly like a lead Skystriker if they released it now. So they're gonna try to polish the turd with 3-D. I imagine the retailers are shitting themselves with rage.

Hasbro buttkissers on forums are saying "Dont blame Hasbro, they have no control over it" But if that's the case, then they CAN be blamed for not making provisions in their agreement to have some say in it. And if the contracts DID allow them input, then either way Hasbro is culpable in this clusterfuck of a decision.

But then, we all know Hasbro is incapable of doing right by the fans. Ever.

So no movie. No toys once this allotment sells. No articulation on the drivers. No stands. And pretty soon, no fans. We've taken enough of Hasbro shitting on us and our hobby.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012 - 0:56

I just picked up the Ninja Commando 4x4. Let's get the three negatives out of the way first. But some good can still be salvaged out of them.

First - The crappy Snake-Eyes driver. Still one tiny bit can be salvaged: His head can still be popped onto a decent ME body. Id suggest one of the RoC Snake-Eyes' with the sculpted on lips. At least the head sculpt is passable. Not great, but passable.

Second - The Arashikage ninja symbol is painted onto the hood. Yeah. Lame-o. But anyone with some paint, or some rubbing alcohol and a load of dilligence can hanbel it. At least it isn't sculpted on.

Third - The grapple launcher. I question why theyd want a grapple hook on a vehicle like this. But fortunately you can just cut the string and leave off the missle and just have it be another cannon. Other Joe missles do not work in it

Overall, its still a pretty decent quality vehicle. And the minuses can be dealt with.

For in depth pics of all the figures in the first wave and the new Ghost Hawk vehicle, click here. I imagine the HISS and bikes will follow soon.
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin
cyko

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012 - 23:20

Once you mentioned the 4x4, I decided to go to TRU. Nothing. They've strangely got more "Renegades" figures, 2 Mechs and a crimson HISS for $30. No new tags or anything. Walmart is devoid of Joes (they had 1 Black Dragon & 1 cr.HISS they couldn't sell at $30, but I guess some fan got weak). Target is clearancing their Joe stuff out, which means they're almost regular price now.

Maybe the "recall" is real, I don't know. But it's funny that I'm actually interested in a few new toys that won't be at retail for a while. I'm mostly hoping that Tread Ripper rollcage can be modded to fit a HISS Scout.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 4:56

I just checked two Wal-Marts.

Both have movie toys, but much of the carded figures were cleared out. Likely due to either panicky fans and/or scalpers. Guess which my money is on?

Saw several of the bikes. And the large electronic figures. Even saqw the Joe trooper, but it had the blue cloak. And the HALO style helmet is an actual head. I was wanting a removeable helmet. This pretty much killed interest in the figure for me.

Just as well. $9 for one figure is just plain bullshit. Kind of a shame, Only figures that look remotely of interest to me is Cobra Commander and the Red Ninjas.

The bike with Snake-Eyes? I dunno Maybe. But thats a pretty big if. Especially if RAH can work with it. Which I suspect it wont.

It's like Hasbro really DOES want to kill GI Joe. They certainly seem to extremely anti-fan these days

So basically, I can only reccomend the HISS, Awestriker and Fangboat. And thats only because of RAH compatibility.
Back to top Go down
nightforcecynic

nightforcecynic

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 7:01

I bought a Red Ninja, a Joe Trooper, and Zartan yesterday.
Back to top Go down
keenan

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 12:27

Picked up all the figures except for the red ninja, Joe trooper and Cobra Commander- the two TRUs I went to didn't have either.
Back to top Go down
http://keenansendofdays.blogspot.com/
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 12:34

So am I right in thinking the Joe Troopers "Halo" style helmet is actually a head and not a removeable helmet?

Id kinda like to get the Red Ninja in the 3-pack and a couple Red Ninja singles. Maybe CC.
Back to top Go down
nightforcecynic

nightforcecynic

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 12:49

yes the ballcapped Halo bit is a swappable head, not a helmet

I'm using the trooper as an invidual character
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 18:34

Nertz. That was a hugew part of me wanting it. Weapons are still nice, but $9 is pretty daunting.

Someone should use the trooper head for a Taxi Driver custom.

Anyone want to part with his cloak and gas mask?
Back to top Go down
nightforcecynic

nightforcecynic

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 18:39

[quote="

Anyone want to part with his cloak and gas mask?[/quote]
possibly... Wink
Back to top Go down
keenan

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 19:17

I finally got to open the new figures. Very hit and miss. Some, like Duke, are a step above the DTC Joes. Others, like the Red Ninja, are great additions to my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://keenansendofdays.blogspot.com/
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2012 - 22:05

Thank you. Well, if you do want to let the cape and gas mask go, you know where to find me. Could also use his pistols, sniper rifle and shovel too.

Supposedly there's a blue variant of Cobra Commander out there. From what I see the black works for me better.

Personally Im curious as to how well a head swap between Ret CC and the Dollar General CC would look for both figures.
Back to top Go down
nightforcecynic

nightforcecynic

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012 - 13:34

The cape and mask are yours, Doc, send me a msg so we can hammer out the details.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Faust

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jun 2012 - 19:56

Okay...I did something I never thought that I would do, but you have to understand how pissed I am at both Hasbro, Paramount, and my local Action Figure retailers. For years the shelves have been void of any new G.I. Joe or Star Wars Figures, and if they do get anything "new" on the shelves, it is like 50 fuggin Weequays or 40 TunnelRats or awful new Snake Eyes's. Remember when Snake Eyes was always the most sought after and coolest looking? Anyhoo, I cannot understand why they short pack Luke and over pack fuckin Pod Racer pilots. So here is what I did (it may seem like nothing to yall, but I felt like an outlaw): I found the new Retaliation 3 packs, bought one of each took out all the new accessories, like the awesome Ninjatos included with the new SE, then I returned those shits to the store I got them at. Just to be nice I put in some crap neon Battle Corps weapons. Am I wrong for doing this? I don't fuggin give two shites. After taking it from Hasbro and Wal-Mart and Target for the past few years, I felt it was time for me to fuck them back! I think I might be one of the only people that was actually looking foward to the new 'Joe movie, too!

Last edited by Faust on Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nightforcecynic

nightforcecynic

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jun 2012 - 21:00

I got a Retaliation HISS tank yesterday. Not bad.

Faust, you rule LOL
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 0:45

Normally my ethics would condemn such actions. But seeing as how Hasbro is pretty unethical itself, I really have no sympathy for them. So Im not gonna give you a hard time.

I had considered getting another Fangboat, and taking the one good cannon and replacing it with the launcher from the one I already have and returning saying its broken. But I wont. Dont want to foul up my karma.

Think maybe someone here could make molds of the Water Moccasin cannon? Theyre symmetrical and will fit on either side of the boat flawlessly. Because without the launcher, the Fangboat IS a good piece that every o-ringer should have in their collection. Plus if you cast the cannons in blue and install them on the RoC Sting Raider, the colors will be reminiscent of the old SEARS Dreadnok vehicles. And the RoC Sting Raider is the PERFECT Dreadnok vehicle.

Here's another display tip for the RET HISS. Earlier I mentioned being able to move the gatling guns to the lower holes. Problem is they wont aim forward. Just up at an angle.

So what I suggest now is removing the twin gats, swap them, and plug then back into the same holes, but upside down with the chaingun on the bottom. This still give the turret free rotation and the gats point forward and can still clear the treads. And it doesnt really look any more strange than it usually does.

Last edited by The Doc on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 8:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charade

Charade

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 8:21

Faust wrote:
Okay...I did something I never thought that I would do, but you have to understand how pissed I am at both Hasbro, Paramount, and my local Action Figure retailers. For years the shelves have been void of any new G.I. Joe or Star Wars Figures, and if they do get anything "new" on the shelves, it is like 50 fuggin Weequays or 40 TunnelRats or awful new Snake Eyes's. Remember when Snake Eyes was always the most sought after and coolest looking? Anyhoo, I cannot understand why they short pack Luke and over pack fuckin Pod Racer pilots. So here is what I did (it may seem like nothing to yall, but I felt like an outlaw): I found the new Retaliation 3 packs, bought one of each took out all the new accessories, like the awesome Ninjatos included with the new SE, then I returned those shits to the store I got them at. Just to be nice I put in some crap neon Battle Corps weapons. Am I wrong for doing this? I don't fuggin give two shites. After taking it from Hasbro and Wal-Mart and Target for the past few years, I felt it was time for me to fuck them back! I think I might be one of the only people that was actually looking foward to the new 'Joe movie, too!

I read this a couple times over, thinking I was missing the punchline. If you're being serious, that's pretty low. There's a couple rationalizations for stealing...this is not one of them.

And if you think your actions "fuck" Hasbro, Wal-Mart, or Target, you should think about it again. Hasbro already made their money from those 3-packs, and the retailers are not going to just absorb the loss. They'll try to sell that 3-pack at full price, possibly to an expecting parent/kid, or it will linger on the shelves for the better part of the year, constantly reminding the toy manager why the store should not order much Joes.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 8:33

Yeah, he's right.

Hasbro does deserve a big "Fuck you". Not like this, but it deserves the sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Faust

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 16:49

I just wanted everyone to know that about an hour or so after I posted, I went back to the store and rebought the items that I had pilfered....I just felt too guilty. I guess when I posted the topic originally I was trying to validate what I had done, but in my mind I know that stealing is stealing and it is hardly ever justifiable. I was raised Catholic and so confession has always been a way to clear my conscience. But that did not work this time. To tell the truth, there was this one time when I was a kid and I got busted stealing Krang and Baxter Stockman, and I never stole anything after that, until I got those damn Retaliation toys, and I did what I did. But I think I might have righted my wrongs by buying them back. I am still pissed off at Hasbro, Paramount, Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU, though. For some reason I feel heartbroken. I think I hit a low point there, and I am trying to lift myself back up. Evertyime I looked at those stolen weapons, I felt guilty. I just had to attempt to stop that feeling, and it worked, I guess. Even though now I am stuck with lame Retaliation figures.
Back to top Go down
Charade

Charade

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 18:38

Faust wrote:
But I think I might have righted my wrongs by buying them back.\

Even the best of us stumble at the worst of times, Faust. It's the picking ourselves up and continuing in the right direction that is the measure of a man.

cheers

Good job.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 19:50

God knows my halo will slip once in a while. Good call.

Picked up picked up wave 1 of the Dollar General Joes. RAH will always be first and foremost in my heart. But these are decent in their own right.

Reason I mention it here is I took the head from the HISS Driver Cobra Commander and put it on the body of DG CC. It actually looks pretty good on it. The hooded CC head on the driver body also makes a striking design on a visual level. Granted the lack of articulation still holds it down otherwise.
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin
cyko

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 21:58

The Doc wrote:
So what I suggest now is removing the twin gats, swap them, and plug then back into the same holes, but upside down with the chaingun on the bottom. This still give the turret free rotation and the gats point forward and can still clear the treads. And it doesnt really look any more strange than it usually does.
I'd love to see a photo of this! Do any of the parts swap with the PoC HISS (like the canopy or chassis mount)?
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jun 2012 - 22:37

Dont have a picture of it. I usually have to borrow my brother-in-laws camera for that. And I try not to impose too often.

THe weapons between the two HISSes are incompatible. Nor will either HISS swap with Sigma 6 / DTC modular weapons. (Like the DTC HISS) Hasbro's capacity for fail knows no bounds. If they could have kept ONE single modular format, the fun factor and display value for several years of vehicles could have been enhanced greatly. But Hasbro keeps thinking re-inventing the wheel is a good idea.

THe RET and PoC canopies CAN fit each other at the hinge and fit over each others cockpits fairly well. The problem is the catches that keep the canopies closed are completely different configurations and as such will not clasp shut. If youre just going to have them sit there on display it can reasonably pass for closed. Perhaps putting a layer of clear nail polish or floor wax can tighten the hinge up.

As for the chassis theyre of vastly different design. And it looks like a permanent construction once you assemble the main bodies on them. So disconnecting them seems pretty much out of the question. I can tell you that the tread units definately wont swap. With that and the weapons not being compatible, its likely the chassis couldnt swap either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*   Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retaliation toys at TRU *NOW*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next