ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
No Customer Support? Empty

No Customer Support?

Go down 
+3
wizgillar
dantedmc37
Faust
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Faust

Faust

PostSubject: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 15:36

I placed a small order with the Slayer Studio back in June, but have not gotten it yet. I have sent three emails to the site, but have gotten no responses to any of them. I am also wandering about the state of my ARAH sub. All the ARAH stuff has beed taken off the Slayer site. Has anyone else had problems with their orders from slayerdesignstudio?
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 16:23

I think Hurricane Irene has gummed up the works a little bit for Slayer. I'm not sure about anything though. I'm confident the guys are hard at work on the sub figures. Three e-mails with no reply's would make me a little nervous too but Slayers a solid company, they'll come through for you.
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 17:01

I too am more than a little concerned about the removal of almost all ARAH products from their site (minus 2 heads that are still there). In addition, we still do not have any news about the status of the 30% off of products that was supposed to be a part of our membership payment (among other things). Customer Support, Club Updates, Club figure updates, Club support, it all ended as soon as we all paid our money for membership and exclusive figures. That right there still irks me on a daily basis.

I understand the large number of orders to be filled, pains of moving into a new facility and getting it up and running, power-outages from storms, etc. Also, from the pictures, Slayer's product looks top notch and impressive to say the least so thus I am willing to wait a bit to receive it. That all said, how long is considered too long to wait for any update from the top on these questions? From the sounds of it, there were similar issues before the hurricane. I am a bit annoyed at having joined the OSC during the membership drive only to see support from Slayer effectively die as soon as the drive was over and the money was collected. The lack of any real ARAH products in the new offerings is also like a smack in the face after that.

Even as irritated as I have gotten over this, I am still holding out some hope that it is indeed all just a temporary delay and that we are still on some pace for having an active club with active products to purchase. Now if I can just quell the concerns of my wife that I effectively burned 125 bucks for nothing, that is a monumental task. The worst part of all would be to have her say, "I told you so."
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 18:06

Now I have faith that when things come together and I get my discount, those items will be available again for me to buy. They can not let their ARAH club members get burned on something as important as Cool Breeze,etc. I know that there's no way those items wont be available again after I get my discount because I've been waiting since day one to get it so I could start buying. I was one of the first people to send my money to Slayer and join the club so it's been a while. I have faith that given a little time that Dave will make all things right. I'm in no rush at all .

Last edited by dantedmc37 on Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 8:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 18:37

I've heard it said that in Life, Things can only be done Three ways; Done well, Done Fast, Done Cheap. But you can only do any one thing at most Two ways.

You can have your castings done well and fast, but they won't be cheap.

You can have your castings done Fast and Cheap, but they'll be shitty quality.

You can have your cast parts well made and inexpensive, but you'll have to wait a bit to get them.

Slayer isn't a fly by night entity....Dave & the gang will come through for you.

If you've been around for a while or look back at the casters producing items for the joe customizing community over the last 15 years, there isn't a single one who hasn't had issues with being able to produce quantities to satisfy people in a timely enough manner to keep them from bitching.... It's just part of the business that hand casting parts can take a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 19:37

As I said, though irritated, I am willing to wait for the physical product that I paid for to arrive. I am not questioning the time required to craft the product. I want quality of physical product and from the pictures, that is what Slayer gives. I know it takes a lot of time to get such massive amounts of physical product out to the customers. I am surprised it doesn't take longer than has been reported thus far by people on other boards who have dealt with Slayer.

I AM questioning however the lack of any updates, information, comments, answers, etc. and obviously I am not the only one. When site admins don't have any information either, it is not a good sign. Producing good product is only one element of a business. If you have ZERO or less customer service between the time someone gives you money and the time you get them their purchased product and in the case of a Club like this, fail to live up to the non-physical promises, there is a problem.

Missed self-set deadlines, failure to respond to emails/PMs/etc. over the course of months, no updates or all too infrequent ones on a club site from which at least a couple thousand plus dollars were received for goods and services which we have neither of yet, creates a rather volatile environment. Even a single post that offers some sort of new, updated information in regards to the club, products on the horizon, general progress on current ones, pretty much any information that may be of use to us here on this site would be and should be the way to go. If not weekly, then at the very least, bi-weekly. It doesn't take a lot of time post something like that and the return for what time is spent would be worth it as it would show paying members that the person they are paying cares. It would show that the club is active on that end and would help bring in more members and thus increase revenue. If nothing else, give the site admins the information and let them do it

Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 19:44

I sent out an update earlier this week via email through the site stating that the molding process is going well and we hope to begin the casting process soon. I think Nova really hit the nail on the process. We are basically doing this as cheaply as we possibly can to get these figures out to everyone.

Dave was hit hard by the hurricane due to the power being out. Even so, he was able to make great headway on the mold making.

Please be patient with the process, we were very upfront with everyone when we said it wold be 3 to 4 months before the first figure would be released.

As for the admins not having any information, I am the point man on all questions. If you have concerns you are always able to PM me.

In addition, there has been an email update once per month for the last three months in the first week of that month.

Last edited by jaimanstone on Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 19:50

Faust wrote:
I placed a small order with the Slayer Studio back in June, but have not gotten it yet. I have sent three emails to the site, but have gotten no responses to any of them. I am also wandering about the state of my ARAH sub. All the ARAH stuff has beed taken off the Slayer site. Has anyone else had problems with their orders from slayerdesignstudio?

Between releases of Dave's main line (read modern era) Dave takes down all products for a short time so he is not taking new orders during the production process. This allows him to concentrate on the casting and shipping of that line.

All ARAH product will be available again.

As to your order with Slayer Studio, just be patient, it will come. Dave is running a small enterprise here and is doing it in his free time. It sometimes gets VERY backed up. I can vouch for him, he's a good man and strives to get everything done asap.
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 23:04

Yeah that's my own dumb ass fault for not checking my e-mail! I usually just hit the site. Sorry about that Jaimanstone/Dave! I didn't mean to speak out of turn guys.
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 23:24

Email updates? Shit on me, I just went back through my email and found one. I too usually just hop on the site and look for any updates. So my sincere apologies from my end at least on that part.
Back to top Go down
DarkJedi

DarkJedi

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 0:26

Hmmm, emails?

I haven't gotten any emails.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 6:03

Guys,

Here is what is current with SDS.

We made a move, and now have a new studio. The move didnt go well at all, we lost a lot of time, add in the storm that nocked out our power both at the studio and my other business for a week.

we lost a lot of time do to downtime, gotta have power to run our compressors.

PO-12 was very large over 400 orders and almost 7,000 parts were ordered. Thats a insane amount of work, and yes it may seem like its not that much, but we never expected to do that much. Hence why we were already looking for a bigger space.

We have molded pythonia, and the 2 snipers, and the free big lob head. All have been in the process of being run this week, we need 5 perfect copys of each, so we can then gang mold them to ensure they are all color matched just right.

The snipers with be cast in black, with flesh heads.

Pythonia in a light purple.

The 30% off code for the store will be given on sunday, when I have a chance to add the rest of the arah product back to the store. the store had to be reorganized, and why you only see 2 heads at the moment. New pics of all arah product will be up by sunday nite at midnite.

Sunday will also be the first drawing for the the giveaway. We will have a giveaway now every 1st of the month.

Hope this helps a bit, we have been slammed, and we have had no net till this week at our studio. Had to get a hot spot to have net.

Thanks
Dave
Back to top Go down
https://arah-old-school.forumotion.com
wizgillar

wizgillar

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 6:34

Dave,

Thank you ever so much for the update. At least for me, it goes a long way and is greatly appreciated. Also, 7,000 parts DOES seem like a lot; holy crap! Lookin forward to the return of the ARAH product and I hope things at the new facility start to come together better for you.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Faust

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 15:54

I am glad to hear that the forces of nature can't stop Slayer Dave. I was just getting irritated that I was not getting any sort of response to my questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Customer Support?   No Customer Support? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Customer Support?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARAH Custom Exclusive Club :: About OSC :: About Old School Creations-
Jump to: