ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
Favorite Parts? Empty

Favorite Parts?

Go down 
+8
nerdsgetchicks
latinjoe22
cyko
RAMBO
dantedmc37
kramer70
5h4rK
wizgillar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wizgillar

wizgillar

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 16:45

So it occurred to me today that I have been using parts from certain figures in the customs I have been working on. I am fond of the the different parts that make up the Battle Armor Cobra Commander so I often use his chest armor and crotch-piece while even the legs, or at least half of them, make their way into some customs as well. I also noted that I have something like 6 CC figures worth of parts in my parts bin. Also, the Crimson Twins. There legs look cool and the torso's are good for officer-type figures. I was floored however when I went digging in my parts bin and found found that I had accumulated almost 20 CC Twins figures worth of parts (V1 along with a dozen 2002 Crimson Strike Team reject figures (Xamot's head on Tomax's body with two armored shoulder pad arms). Of the more than 100 figures and countless parts in my bins, CC and the Twins hold the record for having the greatest presence not only in my bins but in my customs as well.

Does anyone else have certain figures that they like to use parts from or find that they have an overwhelming number of parts from certain figures in their parts bins?
Back to top Go down
5h4rK

5h4rK

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 17:09

I bought A LOT of figures through mail-away offers in the 80's and 90's.. I mean hundreds of figures.. so I have a bunch of Heli-Vipers, Jinx, Keel-Haul, Strato-Vipers and Motor Vipers, Lampreys etc.. available in my fodder bins. I've made a lot of characters using the Lamprey sculpt.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kramer70

kramer70

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:36

I got way to many monkeywrench arms............... Dont ask me why becasue i dont know.
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:58

Still sorting through my bins, I am not sure why but I have a number of Venomous Maximus figures for parts as well as four, perhaps five once I gather them up, Zarana's, a few Outbacks, five headless convention Coil Trooper bodies, half a dozen Croc Masters, and a couple bins of just random parts and one or two copies of a number of full figures. I would like to make use of the Coil Trooper bodies but the only heads I have that look anywhere decent on them is Croc Master.

Which reminds me, anyone have any ideas on what heads may look good on the Coil Trooper bodies?

Here is what they normally look like.

I don't have any Decimator heads and while TARGAT's head obviously works with these bodies, I would like to do something different and make something cool out of these but I am for some reason, drawing a blank.
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:09

Yeah dude use Croc Master! His head is great for a bunch of evil looking red eyed Coil troopers comming out of the fog!

Where are those awesome Decimator/Coil Troop heads at?
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:16

I purchased the troopers bodies cheap from China. They are all in great shape just that they had some really bad heads on them; horribly painted arctic stalker ones. I couldn't pass up on the bodies though especially for the cheap price. I started buying up a bunch of really cheap Croc Master's; broken or otherwise, just to use the heads. They look pretty cool especially when painting the silver part of the mask gold. I am still left wondering if there is something better that could be used instead of CM though.
Back to top Go down
RAMBO

RAMBO

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:34

I like Big Boa's arms and torso. Could use the same parts from Overlord too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46234368@N06/
cyko
Admin
cyko

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 23:03

I find myself using '83 Airborne parts a lot. It's a figure I really like, so I hate piecing one out, but it's a flexible sculpt. Can you imagine how wicked the Greenshirts would've been if they'd used Airborne as a template?

On the Cobra side, it'd have to be '03 era Viper legs. I know, they're really BATs', and I like them for BAT customs, too. But I don't feel as bad painting a pair of them up rather than actual BAT parts.
Back to top Go down
latinjoe22

latinjoe22

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 1:06

I just love Vapor's legs and Barricade's torso. I've used them on two of my customs and I believe that I will do more customs with the same parts in the future. However Vapor's legs are becoming less and less affordable to come by LOL - maybe I should consider casting them!

And I also like to use a lot of Spytroops heads, especially Sgt. Hacker and Barrel Roll because it makes the ARAH customs look a bit more different.

Back to top Go down
5h4rK

5h4rK

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 1:33

latinjoe22 wrote:
And I also like to use a lot of Spytroops heads, especially Sgt. Hacker and Barrel Roll because it makes the ARAH customs look a bit more different.

Yup! ..and it's a good way to add some new characters to the collection too!
Back to top Go down
nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 2:27

V2 Snake eyes and Straight neck recast Snake Eyes. I dont know why.
Back to top Go down
remster_9
Admin

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 4:46

I have a lot of v1 Doc parts in my bin... along with many many Outbacks.
Back to top Go down
Tim 121RVC

Tim 121RVC

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011 - 4:20

wizgillar wrote:

Which reminds me, anyone have any ideas on what heads may look good on the Coil Trooper bodies?
.....I would like to do something different and make something cool out of these but I am for some reason, drawing a blank.

Croc Master heads would work indeed. You can also try:
- Night Viper
- Star-Viper
- PP trooper
- Nunchuck v1
- Heat-Viper v2

Tim 121RVC
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011 - 9:00

Tim 121RVC wrote:
wizgillar wrote:

.....I would like to do something different and make something cool out of these but I am for some reason, drawing a blank.

Croc Master heads would work indeed. You can also try:
- Night Viper
- Star-Viper
- PP trooper
- Nunchuck v1
- Heat-Viper v2

Tim 121RVC

Nice suggestions there. I have an extra Night Viper and Star Viper head, might try those. The Croc Master does look pretty sweet on the Coil body but I only have 4 of those heads (and some headless croc bodies) and might be nabbing a few more coil bodies soon. I have a junk Water Moccasin I may tinker with to add to a vehicle to the unit. I really need to catalog all the friggan parts I have...
Back to top Go down
wizgillar

wizgillar

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 20:30

Just picked up some more Coil Trooper bodies. I can't help it, I love the body and the colors Smile So now I have a good sized unit of 10 Coil bodies and five Croc Master heads. I have an extra Big Boa head I may try with a little repainting along with a Night Viper head. Just need to find something for the other three and I will have a pretty sweet Swamp Coil unit to go with my soon-to-be redone Water Moccasin.

I tried some Range Viper heads but those are just too small for the bulky Coil bodies. I have a rather large Range Viper Army; DTC, Vintage and Skull Busters but I need to do something with some of those parts as well to spice things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
The Doc

The Doc

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 22:12

I like Chuckles torso and v2 Destros head. And the v1 Viper head is always good.

An IG Undertow head is pretty versatile, and will even use some modern helmets.

Would anyone happen to have a Darklon head? I really need one of those. A Decimator head would be nice too.

For the COIL figures I find just giveing them helmets corrects any aesthetic issue. I had some extra Crimson Shadow Guards that I painted the silver parts gold and put on the COIL troopers. In a way it's fitting since Overlord started out as a CG.
Back to top Go down
ska_lives

ska_lives

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 3:32

I have no idea if I have any favorite parts or not. I havent been able t get a hold of a good parts lot, Im actually almost tapped out on good fodder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Parts?   Favorite Parts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Parts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARAH Custom Exclusive Club :: GI Joe ARAH Discussions-
Jump to: