ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
...where did he go? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
...where did he go? Empty

...where did he go?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shawn

PostSubject: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011 - 13:20

Something happened a couple years ago on a ride back from a little fishing trip with Stormavik. We talked about creating our own universe. While he realized that he was too entrenched in his telling of the Joe Verse with ARAH parts to do his own, I wasn’t. Sure I had created quite a few Dreadnoks and a Heaven’s Fire Special Ops team, but I really hadn’t delved too deep into the world of the Joes. I had told him that I was just getting sick of countless Snake Eyes customs…Cobra Commanders…Storm Shadows…Zartans. I wanted to create my OWN world and not be shackled to what Hama and Hasbro had created. Now don’t get me wrong…I LOVE GIJoe! But, honestly, I yearned for something different!

It was at this point that we discussed “mediums”. The 25th was out there as well as ROC stuff. There was even really great Star Wars fodder. Indiana Jones was available, too. All these mediums presented me with a wealth of properly scaled fodder! Guys could be 5’9” or they could be 7’! Women would be the right height and size as well…and look feminine with no compromises! The world of ARAH was looking dim. I started my project…a group of soldiers for hire that would face not just one single enemy but various ones! From a Nazi Princess to an alien protecting a Mayan Temple! Have allies from various corners...From an old Vietnam pilot with a beer gut to a mysterious man in an old tweed suit.

As I created my customs…I loved them. The custom actually looked like the vision of the character that had been in my head for months! It was until I had the first wave done that I went back and looked at my old ARAH customs. I actually felt sad…as I looked at the Dreadnoks and Heaven’s Fire team, I saw the flaws that so many had pointed out back when I feverishly supported the line. They…looked…dated.

Now a few months has passed, and I have been doing a lot of thinking. I am going to go back and retouch my old Snake Eyes custom…and do a Storm Shadow custom…then rework my Zartan. I feel that I must go back and show some love for the ARAH medium. I am going to have a little shelf display with the original versions of each, their 25th counterparts, the 25th carded versions, and my customs. These 3 are my favorites from my childhood. I will probably even throw the POC/30-4-30 versions as well.

I come to this forum a lot to see the love for a medium that will always be near and dear to my heart. I love the fact that there is a lot of activity here. It’s also great to see the new figures coming. Loved seeing it on the other sites. To get a Pythona and probably a Venom and a Billy will make a lot of ARAHers happy I am sure. While I cannot say I will partake in the adventure, I do hope it gets a lot of support and works out!

I will always have a place in my heart for the ARAH line. While I can say that the 1995-20XX line of Star Wars figures is the greatest toy line ever, the ARAH Joe line is a definite #2. It created a universe that is rich and exciting…one that continues to this day with version “who knows” of Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Cobra Commander and countless others. It’s been a fun ride…and one that I will still hop on from time to time. Great work on the forum and projects!!!
Back to top Go down
nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks

PostSubject: Re: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011 - 13:28

Amen!
Back to top Go down
shawn

PostSubject: Re: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011 - 16:57

A rare post these days. I figured with the posting of Stormavik's Super TTBP that I could probably pop in. Plus my Mira Point Boys have gotten some love lately.

I am alive and well and still within the hobby. As Chuck knows, the summer is so short up here in the arctic wastelands call Maine, that I rarely do much inside hobby wise during those months. In fact, I just went in my office/hobby room for the first time for more than 10 minutes last week.

Over the past 6 mons, I have picked up various fodder items as well as Star Wars figures. I have been on a lucky streak as of late and have managed to get all the way up to the TIE Fighter pilot wave figs...Ponda and the gang was a couple weeks back.

I am starting to go thru some ARAH stuff that I will probably sell off. LIVE, I haven't forgotten you! I promise. I can't say I will ever be back as more than a ghost, but I figured I'd pop in and see how the best bunch of customizers are doing. I hope you are all well ...and that the ARAH figure project is progressing fruitfully.

Some awesome looking customs around here. Long Live ARAH!!
Back to top Go down
Stormavik

Stormavik

PostSubject: Re: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011 - 23:59

He is too busy watching farm girl videos on YouTube to post!!! I have no excuses for my ghost presence!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/calvinnason/SRB_Index.html
shawn

PostSubject: Re: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb 2012 - 10:50

I do...you were too busy watching the 49ers choke against the Giants
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...where did he go?   ...where did he go? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...where did he go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARAH Custom Exclusive Club :: GI Joe ARAH Discussions-
Jump to: