ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
Meet the Admin Staff Empty

Meet the Admin Staff

Go down 
+6
dantedmc37
jaimanstone
remster_9
DarkWynter
nerdsgetchicks
Dave
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011 - 15:34

Ok over the next few days each of the admins will come into this thread and update about them selves. we hope this lets you get to know us all a lil better.

SlayerDave

Krexx

Jaimanstone

Cyko

Remster 9

Darkwynter

Last edited by SlayerDave on Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 15:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://arah-old-school.forumotion.com
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011 - 15:48

Hello all SlayerDave here. Just wanted to take the time and give ya lil back ground on myself.

First an the most obvious , I am the owner of slayerdesignstudios. a studio which we try and supply the community with parts that can not be obtained any where else. Or at least not in our style. While there are tons of people who do cast and mold work, we like to think we are different.

Not only do produce heads and torsos, and weapon sculpts, but full figure kits, at the most reasonable price we can.

Myself, I own a Pizza Shop, have now for 15 years. This is my full time job, and keeps me busy for about 60 hours of the week. The other 50 hours a week I am running Slayer and I am one half of the production team. Doing the mold and cast work, and shipping.

We put a lot of time into the hobby, for us its all about the customs, we love them. as well as RPG games, comics, table top games and video games. All the cool stuff.

I live in Maryland with My wife Rachel, my 4 year old Colin, my 13 year old Logan, and my 17 and 19 year old daughters Victoria and Stephanie.

I bought a house big enough to have room for all, even my parents Chris and Pat Gray. They are getting up there, and need help from time to time, so much easier for us , for them to be under our roof. My father is my partner at my Pizza shop, keeps him active. My mother suffering from back issues really cant do much and is for the most part 100% disabled.

I do have a fair amount on my plate at any given time, but my escape the hobby.

I was born in 1972 in Maryland and have spent most of my life here. Always loved toys, and I was pretty crazy about others touching my stuff, I liked to keep it as nice as I could. I have never been a MOC collector, always thought it was silly to have these cool toys and not play with them, or customize them.

I think its great some collect, but to me I gotta play with my stuff. Currently my 4 year old and I are working on some dio stuff, and hope to start doing some dio storys soon.

Slayer has gotten to the point it has out grown my man cave, and I am now looking for retail space to set up shop, to bring it all under one roof, and have more employees. The economy has been shit for so long, taking that leap of faith has been an issue, but this year is the year I do slayer full time, and took on new projects that we hope the community will benefit from.

Well thats me, not very exciting...but who I am, nice to meet ya all, and cya on the forums.

-Dave

Back to top Go down
https://arah-old-school.forumotion.com
nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2011 - 17:21

Nice bio. I see you went to the same school as me for having babies! LMAO!!! I am married for 15 years and have 4 great children.
Back to top Go down
DarkWynter
Admin
DarkWynter

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011 - 17:20

I'm DarkWynter, or DW. I'm a bit of a recluse and mainly hide in the shadows. I love customizing as a whole. My favorite ARAH things to customize are the vehicles and gear. I love all the kit, gear, and vehicles that made the figures so much fun to play with. My main weakness are the space themed stuff, and have been known to army build defiant/crusader shells..........
Back to top Go down
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011 - 18:49

I am Rémi, born and raised in Paris. I was nicknamed Remster when I first went to the USA to spend a summer with a US family.

Studied business management in France, and spent two years in a master's degree at Ohio State, so technically, that makes me a Buckeye Wink

I work in marketing and live in Paris right now. My specialty lies in Consumer Insight i.e. determining and studying the needs of consumers to assist the marketing teams through the new product development process.

I started collecting GI Joes again when I stumbled upon my childhood collection in 2007. I had about 80 figures growing up, and bought about 400-500 since then. I also started to make customs at the same time. I used to build and paint 1:35 military models and small lead figures when I was a kid, so painting was nothing new to me. I'm just a lot more patient than I used to be back then Wink

Last year I slowly grew tired of collecting GI Joes, and I found in love with the new Star Wars Vintage Collection line. I saw a VC Bespin Luke Skywalker and a Darth Vader at a Target in New Jersey last summer and just couldn't resist. I totally gave in to the dark side, and I now have close to 250 figures... I do most of my customizing on Star Wars figures these days: I actually buy modern Joes ONLY for customizing purposes. I sand down every detail and use the frames for their articulation. I sculpt every single detail over the frames using epoxy putty. That allows me to make whatever character I want. BUT it's a freakishly long process to complete a figure, I still have SO MUCH to learn in the sculpting area. It can be very frustrating... (Dave... one day I'll send you a big-a** list of sculpting-related questions and you'll hate me for it, but I know you'll end up being my hero Wink )
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011 - 19:29

Rem, you need to post some of your customs. Big time.
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun 2011 - 19:38

Hey great to get to know all you guys!
Back to top Go down
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 5:28

jaimanstone wrote:
Rem, you need to post some of your customs. Big time.

Will do that today Smile Thanks buddy!
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin
cyko

PostSubject: cyko about what?   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 20:45

I'm a fairly new guy in the online Joe community, since I only got back into collecting a couple of years ago. I started way back in ’82, when I got Breaker for my birthday. My dad and I used to build models, so the Testor’s enamels got used on Joes. Twenty five or so years later, I pulled my Joe collection out of storage, and the nostalgia really kicked in. Now I’m back into collecting and customizing. I still paint with enamels (counter culture!), and my style is pretty much Hasbro-similar, since I like my customs to mix with my non-customized figures. My biggest challenge is actually finishing anything! I’m seriously grateful to Slayer Dave for getting this project going, because it takes some courage to talk ARAH in today’s collecting world.

Outside of customizing, I’ve got a wife and 5 year old daughter, who also loves Joes (my girl, not my wife!). At work I spend a lot of time doing computer support and GIS analysis for projects. I also dabble in diorama photography, photo editing and vintage video games (Atari, 8bit Nintendo).
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011 - 20:01

hello everybody , my real name is Jose Estrada , and I'm the slayer desings and now old school sculptor , I created (sculpted) all those new pieces you have seen lately , like cool breeze , billy , dutch , and about 90% you have seen in slayer I'm currently working on Pythona ,and a couple more for the club

I have been a full time sculptor for 15 years now , the last 5 working full time in slayer sculpts , I was born in Mexico , and worked as a graphic desinger since I was 15

worked in a hasbro model shop when I was 20 , doing models and paint masters for such lines as star wars and beast wars , chances are if you ever saw a beast wars toy commercial in the 90ths I worked on that transformer

later on I worked doing sculpts for a latex mask shop , and a bronze foundry doing ''serious'' art pieces , ... I will be checking this board as well as my personal facebook page more often , from now on , to answer questions regarding my sculpting process or share pics from the newest figures or pieces , I hope to make good friends here , and make my work even more enjoyable ,guys thanks for your support!
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011 - 20:35

Krexx! Glad to have you man. I love your work. I'm working on the Cobra Commando you did last year right now and can't wait to see the Pythona and the snipers you're working on now.

Dutch and Billy are fantastic. I'm hoping we can get the rest of the Predator team fleshed out soon.

Which Star Wars figures did you work on>?
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011 - 20:53

glad to be here and work closer to the fans !...the star wars I worked in (models , not actual sculpts) , were the initial 1994 figures for the power of the force re launch , too many to remeber , was a great year that 1994

the snipers should be ready in about 5 days or so , keep checking , I will post some pics on facebook as well
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 0:11

Hey Krexx it's great to have you working on the club figures! Your stuff is awesome!
Back to top Go down
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 4:54

Great to read about you Krexx!
Back to top Go down
cyko
Admin
cyko

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 13:07

Krexx, you have got some serious talent! I think Hasbro could've benefited from some artistically inclined sculptors like yourself.
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 13:39

KREXX wrote:
glad to be here and work closer to the fans !...the star wars I worked in (models , not actual sculpts) , were the initial 1994 figures for the power of the force re launch , too many to remeber , was a great year that 1994

the snipers should be ready in about 5 days or so , keep checking , I will post some pics on facebook as well

What exactly does wotking in models entail? Is that vehicles?
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011 - 14:42

remster , cyko , thanks for the welcome...cyko , I think everything happens for a reason , and I'm fine working in slayer
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 20:44

jaimanstone wrote:
KREXX wrote:

What exactly does wotking in models entail? Is that vehicles?

models , means I did the firsts resin copys from original sculpts (molding , casting , painting , assembling , and , if needed , instalation of springs , gears , or electronic devices) these copys were used as samples in china , for color and functionality...and yes , the models were vehicles , figures , transformers , etc.
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 23:05

Very cool. I was a ravenous collector of the 1995-1999 SW line. Still have them all. Even managed to pick them up on card recently. Do you have any photos of the models you worked on? I'd love to see them.
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:11

I used to , just a few , I just have some from my model shop friends now , it was not allowed to take pics inside the model shop , all the projects were confidential, I even signed a lucas contract when we begin the episode 1 figures and vehicles back then , it was my last year there
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:14

I was lucky to work my first job at the Hasbro employee toy store for a seasonal position in 1995. October through Christmas. I cut open boxes of some of the first POF figures. I was blown away, SW back on the shelf! The store also had a ton of the mail away Kellogg's Han Solo in Storm Trooper disguise figure available there for employees to buy. I had so many! Him and Bo mar monk, all the mail aways. That's awesome that you worked on those figures!
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:21

dantedmc37 wrote:
I was lucky to work my first job at the Hasbro employee toy store for a seasonal position in 1995. October through Christmas. I cut open boxes of some of the first POF figures. I was blown away, SW back on the shelf! The store also had a ton of the mail away Kellogg's Han Solo in Storm Trooper disguise figure available there for employees to buy. I had so many! Him and Bo mar monk, all the mail aways. That's awesome that you worked on those figures!

yes , it was a great experience , I saw a lot of unproduces joes and joe vehicles , it was a fan dream!
Back to top Go down
dantedmc37
Admin
dantedmc37

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:27

Awesome, now your making those unproduced Joes a reality! More fan dreams come true! Were you in Pawtucket when you worked for them?
Back to top Go down
KREXX

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:35

nope! , I was in Mexico ,in the border with the u.s. , and still am , I'm a Mexi-can , lol , and yes , is great to be working on action figures , you can be sure a lot of good sculps are coming , I'm both an action figure fan and a sculptor
Back to top Go down
jaimanstone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 0:41

Well krexx, if you happen to find anything from those dayw i'd love to see it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin Staff   Meet the Admin Staff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin Staff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARAH Custom Exclusive Club :: About OSC :: About Old School Creations-
Jump to: