ARAH Custom Exclusive Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrontPageLatest imagesRegisterLog in
OSC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» Pythona Revival
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby gijoe071681 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:05

» Nothing but tumbleweeds....
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Faust Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:37

» Dreadnok: Zanya
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Faust Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:15

» Update From Dave
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby martin-montreal Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 8:11

» Paint matching
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby cyko Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:33

» Dreadnok: Monkeywrench
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 5 May 2014 - 22:38

» Dreadnok: Road Pig
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Sun 4 May 2014 - 17:39

» ****OSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION NOW OPEN!****
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby ReCoiL Mon 17 Mar 2014 - 11:39

» Step 1- Adding sprues
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Morgardee Sun 20 Oct 2013 - 10:52

» Dreadnok Siblings Zartan, Zandar and Zarana
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeby Stormavik Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:08

Gallery
Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Empty

Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 12:35

Hey everyone,

Any fellow sculptors here?

I've been dabbling in sculpting for the past 15 months - while I'm getting much better at sculpting body shapes and details, I still don't know how to sculpt heads.

I'm struggling with basic proportions as well as resemblance, features, etc.

I know the best way to go about it is start from an existing head and get better with sculpting facial details, hair, etc. But I can't seem to find the right size for a few projects of mine (I'm working on a few over-sized customs).

Help me please! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 15:17

Rem send jedi ben a pm here, he is one of the slayer sculptors and i am sure he can help ya out.
Back to top Go down
https://arah-old-school.forumotion.com
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 19:11

SlayerDave wrote:
Rem send jedi ben a pm here, he is one of the slayer sculptors and i am sure he can help ya out.

Thanks buddy!

Also I sent you a PM/email with an issue regarding an order I placed a few months back Sad Were you able to open it?
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012 - 15:04

Rem sent ya a an email back bro
Back to top Go down
https://arah-old-school.forumotion.com
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012 - 15:22

SlayerDave wrote:
Rem sent ya a an email back bro

You're the man. Thanks Dave!
Back to top Go down
Jedi_Master_Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 16:52

PM Sent
Back to top Go down
RAMBO

RAMBO

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 17:09

Could Ben make public his info about sculpting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46234368@N06/
remster_9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 17:32

Ben suggested this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sculpting-Miniature-Military-Schiffer-Hobbyists/dp/0887406262

Apparently a great starting point for sculpting Smile I placed my order.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_Master_Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 17:44

A good portion of sculpting is finding resorces and refernce material to draw from. In the 3D realm, that sometimes means to collect statues of verying degree of details as refrence studies. Tutorials are a good starting point, but after that, it becomes a constant working on sculpts 8 hours a day, mixing subject catagories, experimenting with tools and never give up until you are happy with the end result.
Back to top Go down
RAMBO

RAMBO

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 17:47

Thanks to both of you for sharing Smile

Just one question Ben:
What tools are required for sculpting/modifying an already existing head?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46234368@N06/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?   Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good tutorials on how to sculpt heads?
Page 1 of 1